EMBRACING THE FACE OF GRACE

We often seek to know God's mind,
We study theology;
We reach to grasp hold of His hand,
For new strength to cope daily.

We want to follow his footprints
As step by step He leads,
We beckon for His list'ning ear
To daily meet our needs.

But it is the face of Jesus
With His compassionate smile,
That I desire to hold closely
And just nestle for a while.

To feel exhale of gentle breath
As He draws me very near;
And listen to endearing words
As he whispers in my ear.

True intimacy with Jesus
Is my one true heart's desire;
To seek His face and know his love
Is an all-consuming fire.

It is here I find contentment
When I'm locked in Love's embrace,
Nestled in gentle arms of Peace,
Embracing the face of Grace.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com