ADVERSITY ROAD

The young man stood at the crossroad
Not knowing which way to turn,
So there he bowed his head and prayed,
For he sought God's will to learn.

"Turn right onto Adversity,"
He heard the Lord clearly say.
"Though the road looks dark and dismal,
You must follow and obey."

"Lord, the road ahead called Good Times
Seems to me a better way.
Are You sure You said, 'Turn right here
Down Adversity Road today'?"

The Lord said, "You must trust Me, son.
I will never let you roam.
This road that you must travel down
Will soon safely lead you home.

"I will never let you linger
On Adversity Road too long.
Soon you'll turn onto Joyful Road
With a heart that's filled with song.

"Just trust Me, though the way seems dark;
I will walk along with you.
For you will see that My way is best
When you've fin'ly made it through."

The young man said, "I trust You, Lord,
For I know You know what's best.
I know that at my journey's end
I will find I'm truly blessed.

"As long as You will walk with me,
Whatever road I must trod,
I know I'll safely reach my home
When led by Your hand, O God."

Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com