LORD, I CAN'T SWIM

LORD, I CAN'T SWIM
by Linda J. Stevenson

The Lord said, "Push out into the water."
I replied, "I can't swim!"
But He said, "Push out into the water;
That's where your faith begins."

I said,"Lord, You didn't hear me.
If I go, I'll surely drown."
He said, "No, you didn't hear me,
I will not let you go down."

And so I took a giant step
Into the rising flood;
I plunged into the waters deep,
Above the mire and mud.

I felt a hand beneath me
Majestically appear;
Although the waters raged about,
His presence was so near.

He wrapped His arms around me,
My head was held up high,
While tempest swelled beneath me,
I heard my Savior cry,

"Dry ground is always safer;
But then you'd never know,
You'd never reach, You'd never stretch,
Your faith would never grow.

I lead you through deep waters
To prove my love for you;
And where I send I, too, will go,
I'll never forsake you.

Push out into the water,
Step out in faith, you'll see,
That only then will you know
The joy of trusting me.

Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com