RIDING THE WAVES

Waves of adversity crashed over me,
A sound I had heard oft before,
Pounding relentlessly stealing my peace,
Threatening to drown me once more.

"Don't fight," spoke the Lord. "Ride them safely to shore.
Don't resist. Persist to just rest.
Relinquish your doubts and soon you'll find out
That riding the waves you'll be blessed."

"For when you rest when the waves crash around,
Aware that I'm close by your side,
You'll rise high above, secure in My love,
And ride safely in with the tide."

"So when waves of adversity threaten
To drown you in seas of despair,
Rest upon Me and then you will see
How you'll ride the waves by your prayer."

Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com