A BROKEN VESSEL

You may break this earthen vessel
And set all the contents free;
Lord, do whatever you must do
Just to bless someone through me.

I will not gain if I stay whole
And just passively exist,
If selfish gain my whole contain,
That's of all my life consists.

I would rather, Lord, be shattered,
Crushed and spilled out just for Thee,
If others will find your healing
And encouragement through me.

Don't spare me pain to live in vain,
Miss the opportunity
To lift someone who has fallen,
Lord, A soul in need of Thee.

Now, You've made this earthen vessel;
I relinquish it to Thee.
Release the healing fragrance, Lord;
Bless a hurting soul through me.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com