THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

I was lost in a tunnel of darkness;
The end was impossible to see.
Yet a voice softly beckoned me onward,
Saying, "Press on! You can trust Me."

Jesus, "How do I walk though the darkness?"
I said, "I can't see my way through."
He replied, "You must keep pressing onward.
Trust Me, I'll never forsake you."

One slow step at a time I moved forward;
In blind faith I followed His voice.
Then I came ?round the bend and saw Jesus;
Encouraged, my heart did rejoice.

The Pure Light at the end of the tunnel
Stood waiting with arms opened wide;
And He said, "With each step of your journey,
I was always right by your side."

Now at times the tunnel may seem endless;
Don't give up! Just keep pressing through.
Jesus is the Light at your tunnel's end;
In His love He waits there for you.



Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com