IN GOD I TRUST

IN GOD I CAN TRUST
by Linda J. Stevenson

There are trials in this life I don't understand,
There are times when my heart often fails;
But I know that my Father shall hear my heart cries,
There's no doubt that His love still prevails.

He will carry me through each fierce storm that will come,
He'll hide me in the palm of His hand,
And then when all the winds of strong doubt fiercely blow,
In His shelter protected I'll stand.

His faithful Word declares that in God I can trust
And no matter what e'er lies ahead,
No foe can break through or ever harm me; it's true!
And His path then I never shall dread.

So then when my own understandings deceive me,
And I can't see or find my way through,
When I acknowledge my sole trust and surrender,
Somehow God does what I cannot do.

So I will trust in the Lord with all of my heart,
Lean not on my own understanding,
I will acknowledge Him in each step that I take;
His plans are beyond comprehending.

Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com