FAITH IS THE KEY

Enclosed within a tight-sealed room
I at once began to explore,
And noticed something was missing,
For there was no knob on the door.

As I peeked outside the window,
My eyes caught a heavenly view;
I heard the voice of God calling,
And I said, "Lord, what must I do?"

Down on my knees, I cried "Jesus,
I hear your voice calling today.
But, Lord, I can't open the door;
Only You can provide the way."

As soon as I cried to the Lord,
The door swung wide before me;
I stood in total amazement
As I witnessed the Lord's glory.

He held the key there in His hand
To open the door to step through.
He said, "When you began to pray,
It unlocked this closed door for you."

Total amazement and wonder
Filled my heart with awesome delight;
As we stepped outside, I witnessed
A glorious heavenly light.

Bathed in the warmth of His presence
As I stood and witnessed the view,
I remembered the door with no knob
God had opened for me to walk through.

He said, "I go, but remember
My words that I now leave with you;
Faith is the key that opens locked doors
Whenever you kneel and pray through."


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com