Refashioned

The lady stood and gazed into
The Mirror on her wall,
And what she saw reflected there
Made her feel so small.

She sought the perfect makeover
With blush to add a glow,
Adorned herself with sparkling jewels,
Wore style from head to toe.

Yet nothing seemed to change her view;
With every passing glance,
She witnessed in her mirror there
Her failing countenance.

She said, "I know what I must do.
I know who will help me.
I will now seek my Designer
Who carefully fashioned me."

She bowed before the Lord in prayer
And asked Him to come in
To cleanse her heart and save her soul
And change her from within.

Refashioned in Christ's likeness now
Her beauty one could see;
The image in her mirror viewed
Appeared much differently.

She saw the kindly eyes of Christ,
A smile upon his face,
For now the image that she bore
Reflected God's sweet grace.

"Put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness" (Ephesians 4:23b-24).

Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com