My Prayer for You

When I arise to kiss the sun,
Before my day has e'er begun
I find a place of solitude
Where I express my gratitude.

I steal away alone in prayer,
A quiet place where God is there,
For I dare not face my day anew
Until I've breathed a prayer for you.

I ask God to please linger near,
To heal each hurt and dry each tear,
For wisdom in decisions made,
For peace when storms your soul invade.

I plead that all your plans succeed,
That He will meet your ev'ry need
And make provision of His grace
To guide you through each day you face.

You're not alone for God is there;
I know because God answers prayer.
So as you face your day anew,
Be mindful of my prayer for you.

Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com