Heart of Grace

"Hearts for sale!" the gentleman cried, "Come in and look around.
If you'd like a brand new heart, then right here one can be found."
I went inside and I could see that hearts were everywhere--
Hearts to meet one's every need, some priceless and some rare.

These were hearts to hold one's treasures, but they were much too small.
And hearts for pleasure lovers, but they would not do at all.
Then after I had looked around inside this man's heart store,
I asked if these were all he had, and he said, "I have one more."

"It just came in; it's in the back. I'll go and find its place.
It truly is a unique heart that's been named 'Heart of Grace.'
I know this heart's the one for you. I'll find it and you'll see
That it's the one you're looking for, I'm sure that you'll agree.

"This heart is large and beautiful; I know it will catch your eye.
It's not like any other, and this one you'll want to try."
He brought the heart for me to see. I said "Yes, that's the one."
For it overflowed with blessing where inside it lived God's Son.

Jesus filled this loving heart and His grace there overflowed.
A garden grew down deep inside where seeds of love were sowed.
"This is the heart I'm looking for. How much will it cost me?"
The kind man placed it in my hands and said, "This one is free."

Jesus paid its price in full and deep inside He lives;
And whosoever receives God's Son, receives the life He gives.
I took the heart and walked away as happy as could be,
For I could sing "Amazing Grace" since Jesus lived in me.

Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com