No Holding Back

The young man's eyes glanced heavenward
To the lofty mountainpeak,
And in this holy moment
He could hear God clearly speak.

The voice of God was calling him
To heights he had never known.
As he made his upward journey,
He would never walk alone.

"On Promise Peak I will provide
And supply your ev'ry need.
Sunrise of blessings you will view
Where I'll guide and safely lead.

"Remove the weights of fear and doubt
For they're keeping you earth bound,
And trade them for new shoes of faith
Where you'll climb to higher ground.

"Though trials may tempt to hinder you,
Just keep your eyes on Me,
I'll lead you where the faithful trod
And true wonders you will see."

The young man said, "I'm ready, Lord,
No holding back for me.
Lead me to the narrow path;
I commit to follow Thee.

"No, nothing will e'er hold me back,
For I have fixed my eyes today
On heaven's heights where love abides
And God's grace shines full display."

Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com