AMERICA, BLESS GOD

We have asked God to bless our land from His rich storehouse above;
Some will think it be our right saying, "America He loves."
We've sung "God Bless America" while believing He is here;
But now it is time we bow our heads and seek His face in prayer.

America must bless our God for His hand of love He's shown
Protecting us through per'lous night as His flag of mercy's flown.
His grace He has extended us like a banner hanging o'er;
We must express our gratitude and then praise Him evermore.

America must bless our God for His sure protecting hand,
For walls of safety He has built all around this blessed land.
For as we humbly bless our God as we turn to Him in prayer,
He's assured us by His Living Word His presence will be there.

Our words and deeds let's dedicate to uplift His holy name,
That America not lose her light, her glory turn to shame.
For God said, "If my people will humbly seek my face and pray,
I'll hear from heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land today.


"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked way, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (II Chron. 7:14).


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com