CHILD OF WONDER

I gaze into Your eyes that watched
The heavens being formed.
I touch the lips that spoke the words
That left the earth transformed.

I caress each tiny finger
That formed each distant star,
I stroke Your feet that walked among
The galaxies afar.

My Son of wonder, Son of truth,
Emmanuel, our King,
As I embrace you in my arms,
A song of praise I sing.

I marvel that the world will know
You will be called my son.
My overflowing joy is now
Without comparison.

I’ll find delight in raising You
To full maturity,
And know the day will also come
When You’ll deliver me.

My child of wonder, Lord of all,
You’ve come to earth to dwell
As King of kings and Lord of lords,
You are Emmanuel.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com