THROUGH FLAMES OF ADVERSITY

As I awoke from my deep slumber,
Smoke's scent filled my heart with fear,
For I could smell the real danger,
And I knew fire must be near.

As I looked out of my window,
Such a horrid sight to see,
All around the house I lived in
Red-hot flames endangered me.

I knelt before the Lord in pray'r
And asked God, "What shall I do?"
He said, "Child, you must follow Me.
I will safely lead you through.

"In life you must pass through the fire,"
He said with arms around me.
"But I promise to protect you;
The flames will never harm thee."

Now I stayed real close beside Him,
And He walked me through the flame.
He protected me from danger
As I trusted in His Name.

I then made it through to safety,
Not a scent of smoke on me,
Purified for holy service
By flames of adversity.

"When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God" (Isaiah 43:26).


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com