FOREVER CHANGED

I had just hung my sign that read
"No Vacancies Inside"
When this couple came here knocking;
"We need a room," they cried.

I saw the woman was with child
And badly needed rest,
And so I said, "Just follow me.
I'll try to do my best."

I led them to my quaint stable
And found some clean, fresh hay.
I did my best to make a bed
Where they could rest that day.

They thanked me very kindly for
The trouble I went to
To make them very comfortable,
For all I tried to do.

I saw the lady was with child
It looked like she was due.
But I didn't know he would arrive
Before the night was through.

I looked out of my window in
The middle of the night.
There shined a brilliant star above
That was an awesome sight.

I heard voices loudly raising,
Shepherds praising their King
As they told of angels singing,
"Good news to you we bring."

I quickly dressed and went to them;
This child I had to see.
Was He who they said He was?
Was He royalty?

Then as I viewed this tiny child,
A tear fell from my eye.
Overwhelmed with awe and wonder,
He my soul did magnify.

Unceasingly I'll sing His praise
Throughout eternity.
Forever changed, I'm not the same,
For He was born in me.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com