WALKING THROUGH THE FOG

"Will you follow?" asked the Master. "Yes, Lord, I'll walk with you.
But the path that you have chosen is enshrouded from my view.
Dense fog hangs like a curtain to conceal the light of day.
How will I know which way to walk? How will I find my way?

There may be holes to stumble in; you know, Lord, how I'm weak.
Can we walk the sun-lit pathway that is not so drear and bleak?"
God smiled and said, "What oft appears by eye to be the best,
Deceives and leads to barren land and offers no soul's rest.

While walking through enshrouded fog I'll stay in front of you.
I know the way ~ do not dismay, for My hand will guide you through.
This is the only path to take; Faith's Highway you must trod.
While others choose the sun-lit path, it's here you'll walk with God.

The 'how?' should not concern you as you walk on Faith's Highway.
Remember, I'm the Light of the World; I also am The Way.
So trust Me and follow close, I'll exchange your faith for sight.
For where I lead is endless joy and everlasting light. "


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com