WHERE CAN I FIND CHRISTMAS?

Tell me, where can I find Christmas?
I really want to know.
I've looked in every shopping mall,
I've searched both high and low.

I cannot find the answer
Under any Christmas tree.
Oh, who can tell me where to look,
Just where might Christmas be?

I was 'bout to cease the search
When a frail man did appear
And asked, "Oh, may I help you child?
The answer's very clear."

"You'll not find the gift of Christmas
Looking outside, you see,
For Christmas dwells within our heart--
It's found in you and me."

"For on the day when Christ is born
Anew within our heart,
He said, "Each day we'll celebrate.
My joy I will impart."

"Christ gives the gift of Christmas
That will last the whole year through.
For when Christ is born within your heart
Christmas lives in you."

I bowed and asked The Christ Child
To be born again in me.
And I ceased my search for Christmas
For Christmas dwelt in me.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com