CLEANSING RAIN

The rain poured down from cloud-covered skies,
Bathing my soul with grief.
I wondered when it would cease to fall,
When I would find relief.

But day by day the harsh cold rain fell,
And clouds released their gloom,
‘Til the rain of tribulation filled
The walls of my safe room.

In despair I sought the Lord in prayer.
And the Lord said, “I’m here!
I am watching every raindrop fall,
And you need never fear.”

“When the rain of tribulation comes,
I’ll let the waters flow.
For they serve to wash away the dross,
And help your spirit grow.”

“Tribulation’s clouds will soon pass o’er,
Dear precious child of mine.
I’ll only allow what’s best for you,
The sun again will shine.”


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com