BROKEN BREAD

I entered the Holy city
And I heard an angry mob.
Loud voices were filled with hatred,
While others you could hear sob.

Then above the noise and clamor
I could hear the name Jesus.
I pushed my way into the crowd
Just to see what caused the fuss.

Then voices shouted, "Crucify!"
"Let us nail Him to a tree!"
While others stood with tear-stained eyes
Saying, "No! How can this be?"

This is the man who broke my bread
And He fed a multitude.
He said, "I am the Bread of life
My body's eternal food.

"All who will come and eat of Me
I will feed your soul today.
Come and taste of the Living Bread;
I will turn no one away."

His body's now bruised and broken,
Sacrificed for you and me.
They crucify and hang on high
God's Son on Calvary.

Love and grace now crumble and fall
From the heart of this broken bread.
And with His life's blood freely shed
A great multitude is fed.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com