SIMEON'S SONG

Traveling down the dusty road
With haste I went that day
Just to make it to the temple
Where I would often pray.

For many years, I had watched for
The long-awaited One
That God had promised I would see
Before I would pass on.

My own eyes would see His glory
And the wonder He would bring.
I felt real longing for the day
My arms would hold our King.

Then as I passed through temple doors,
My heart inside did leap.
Before me in His mother's arms
The Child lay fast asleep.

Warm tears fell down as I saw Him,
My legs became so weak.
Before me was the Promised One
That I for years did seek.

His mother placed Him in my arms,
His breath I did inhale;
Embracing Him so close to me,
I noticed each detail.

My eyes have seen His glory
My ears long past had heard;
His great redemption's been revealed
According to God's Word.

The Light of His salvation came
For all the world to see;
The fulfillment of God's promise
That He once made to me.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com