POURED OUT

My life was like murky waters
That filled the quiet pond,
Motionless, yet satisfied,
No thought of time beyond.

Then God reached down and scooped me up,
Began to pour me out
Into the streams that moved ahead
O’er jagged rocks about.

“What are you doing? Can’t you see
These rocks are very rough?
Lord, when I filled the quiet pool,
My life was not so tough.”

God said, “Trust me and you will see,
One day you’ll understand,
That though these rocks may cause some pain
There is a better plan.

For when you filled the stagnant pond
So void of discipline
And thought that all was well and good,
Pollution settled in.

Before you rested satisfied,
Your waters never ran;
Soon you’ll immerge so pure and clean
To quench the soul of man.

You’ll blend with the Living Water
That satisfies man’s soul;
Others will drink and be refreshed,
Be renewed and made whole.

So patiently endure the pain,
That’s so misunderstood;
Sometimes the rough path is the best
And works out for your good."


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com