THE FACE OF GOD

"Oh, Mom, I saw the face of God,"
The little fellow cried.
"The face of God? Son, tell me more,"
His mother then replied.

"As I was playing in the park,
I met an older man.
He sat alone on a park bench
And watched me as I ran."

"He smiled at me and waved his hand.
Said, 'You're a fine young man.
I bet no one can jump or run
As fast as you just ran.'"

"I don't normally talk to strangers,
But he was old and gray
And he seemed lonely sitting there
Watching me run and play."

"I sat down on the bench with him
And shared with him my lunch.
He looked at me with gentle eyes
And said, 'Son, thanks a bunch.'"

"He bowed his head and said this prayer:
'Lord, thank you for today.
And thank you, Lord, for sending me
This fine young man my way.'"

"I felt the love of God in him.
I saw God in his smile.
He made me feel so special
As we talked there for a while."

"I saw the face of God today.
We laughed together, too.
He had gray hair upon his head
And gentle eyes of blue. "

His mother smiled and said, "I'm proud!
And if you only knew,
I'm sure this man told everyone
That he saw God in you."


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com