THANKFUL FOR HIDDEN BLESSINGS

Thank you, Lord, for your gift of grace
Through storms of tribulation,
For even our adversities
Give cause for celebration.

When my life’s canvas is spattered
With dark shades of black and gray,
You take your brush and blend them in
To make a graceful display.

You know just where our canvas needs
To have added shades of gray
Applied with loving strokes of grace
By Your master hands today.

And, Lord, if I could only keep
Just the colors I would choose,
I’d have to leave the shades of gray
Or life’s beauty I would lose.

You’ve said “all things work for our good,”
Whatever you send our way,
So even for the shades of gray
I will thank You for today.

I will express my gratitude
For the colors each day brings
Knowing that adversity’s gray
Will bring us hidden blessings.



Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com