LIFE'S LESSONS FROM A GARDENER

As side by side we knelt on soil
To sow some tiny seeds,
We prepared the plot for planting
By pulling sprouting weeds.
Unconsciously you prepared my life
Just like we did the soil,
For I learned to grow life's flowers
Would take some pain and toil.
You sowed the seeds of honesty
And seeds of holiness;
You planted flowers of kindness
And shrubs of gentleness.
you placed a pole beside me
To support when I was weak,
And a trellis to grow upright
When direction I would seek.
Through the beauty of a rosebush
Spiked with painful thorn,
As my life unfolded, you would warn,
I'd face some trials and scorn.
Life's lessons from a father
Who had a large green thumb
Has uniquely helped to shape my life
To what I have become.
For who I am I owe to you
And I will always be
A daughter who is grateful
For life's lessons you taught me.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com