LIFE'S HOURGLASS

So eas'ly do our grains of sand
Flow through the narrow pass
To quickly fill the bottom globe
Of our life's hourglass.

We cannot slow the rapid flow,
The grains move much too fast,
It seems before life's e're begun
Our time has quickly passed.

Inscribed on ev'ry grain of sand
Are deeds of life lived here;
What we've done with time bestowed
Will be recorded there.

Everything we've done for Christ,
Every kindly deed,
Is etched upon each grain of sand.
How will our journal read?

We only have one life to live,
How quickly time will flee,
What will each grain of sand disclose?
What will they say 'bout me?


"Show me, O LORD , my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life” (Psalm 39:4).



Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com