JUST LIKE DAD (Father's Day)

The little boy now watched his dad
And every move he'd make.
When his father would take a step,
A step he would also take.

So when the father sat to rest,
The little boy would sit, too.
His eyes were firmly fixed on him
To see what his dad would do.

When his father bowed down to pray,
His son knelt close by his side.
The father was so deeply moved
He turned heavenward and cried.

"Dear Father, may I be like You,
Watching ev'ry move You make,
Imitating all that You do
And never Your side forsake.

"For my son's also watching me,
Imitating all I do.
So, may I be an example
That points Him, Father, to You."

The little boy then said a prayer,
"Thank you, dear Father above
For giving me my daddy here
Who shows me daily Your love.

"Bless him now and hear his prayer
And please hear my prayer, too,
Because I want to be like him,
For he's taught me to love you."


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com