ON MOUNTAINTOPS AND VALLEYS

I stood upon a mountaintop,
An awesome beauty viewed;
And gazed into the distant peaks
In glory rainbow-hued.

I stared in matchless wonderment,
No tongue or words could tell,
The artistry God's hand did paint
No, none could parallel.

But then I looked to valleys deep
As far as eye could see,
And said, "Dear God, I'd like to dwell
Right here, just You and me."

He said, "My child, it's time to go,
There's work that you must do."
I said, "Father, can't we stay here
And just enjoy the view?"

"The easy way is not the best,"
He said, "You'll never grow.
It's only through the valleys deep
My blessings you will know.

In valleys deep you'll learn to trust,
You'll learn to lean on Me,
You will find My strength sufficient
To meet your ev'ry need.

It is through the valley's shadows
That I will make you whole,
Not mountaintops but valleys deep
Where I restore your soul."


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com