FREE TO BE IN 2003

Free to be in 2,003
All God would have me to be;
Free to walk an untraveled road,
Free to live differently.

Free to surrender resentments,
Free to cling tight to hope's grasp,
Free to loosen the chains of guilt,
Free to clutch faith and hold fast.

Free to close doors on past failures,
Free to press full straight ahead,
Free to go where I've not journeyed,
Free to face fears I so dread.

Free to take flight with the eagles,
Free to ascend high above,
Free to grow in the grace of God,
Free to forgive, free to love.

Free to reach out for the rainbow,
Free to let Christ live through me,
Free to bring light to our dark world,
Free in Two-Thousand and Three.


"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 3:13b-14).


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com