MANGER OF MY HEART - Christmas Poem

From the pasture to the stable
God had led me on that day
To view the little Lamb of God
Nestled on a bed of hay.

God chose this tender of the sheep
To observe His little lamb;
The One who set each star in place,
And who is the great I AM.

Heavenly angel choir singing,
Framed in starry skies above,
Echoed news of Christ's descending
And extending His great love.

Viewing such an awesome wonder,
Set my heart to dance with glee.
Oh, the marvel he had chosen
Just a shepherd boy like me.

Now my heart is overflowing,
With great joy that I now feel,
Witnessing the God of Glory,
E'er before God's Lamb I'll kneel.

My heart became His manger
Where He was born again
Forevermore I'll live with Him
For He now lives within.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com