MY ETERNAL HOPE

Some hope in earthly kingdoms
Man builds on sinking sand;
Some hope on borrowed treasures
Which sift through fisted hand.

Some place their trust in others
Whose feet are made of clay;
But they are powerless without
The strength God gives each day.

My hope is placed in hands unseen,
In Christ I rest my trust;
For all on earth that offers hope
Will one day turn to dust.

My eternal hope rests secure
Through all time's earthly tests.
For Christ comes to abide in me;
It's there my soul finds rest.

My trust is placed in Christ alone;
It's here my hope stands sure.
It's sealed and safe from Satan's doom,
A hope that will endure.

"Blessed is he...whose hope is in the Lord his God...the Lord who remains faithful forever" (Ps. 146:5-6).


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com