MY PRINCE HAS COME (Prince of Peace)

Bedside stories my mother read
Before I would go to sleep
Painted some magical pictures
That I would forever keep.

I'd dream my prince would one day come
And would sweep me off my feet.
He'd transport me to fairyland
And would make my life complete.

But as I grew I realized
These fairy tales I had dreamed
Were only childhood fantasies
And never quite what they seemed.

But then I met the Prince of Peace,
And He was my dream come true.
He moved into my lonely heart
To rekindle love anew.

He crowned me with His righteousness,
He embraced me with His love,
He filled my life with reasures
From His rich storehouse above.

"One day," He said, "I'll come for you;
On My white horse I will ride,
And I'll transport you to glory
To forevermore abide."

"But until then I'm here with you;
And I never will depart.
My presence will abide with you;
I will live within your heart."

I'll live happ'ly ever after
And my joy will never cease.
Forevermore I'll reign with Him
In His kingdom of Perfect Peace.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com