THROUGH THE FLOOD

I stood before the river wide,
I could not see the other side,
The waters surged from raging flood,
The shore was deep in rain-drenched mud.

Why God desired to lead me here,
His answer soon was very clear,
"I want you on the other side;
Trust me, dear child, I'll be your guide."

"But, Lord, the water's very deep,
The raging flood o'er me will sweep."
God said, "Just watch what I will do;
I'll part the waters just for you."

"I've never been this way before,
And I can't see the other shore."
God said, "Dear child, can you trust me?
Can you believe what you can't see?"

The Promise Land's awaiting you,
But there's a flood you must pass through.
I'll make a way on soft, dry sod
And prove to you that I am God.

Just one small step in faith I took,
And in amazement I did look
To see God dry the path before,
And clear the way to distant shore.

God then proceeded up ahead,
My anguished spirit quieted.
I thought this miracle was grand,
Through parted waters I could stand.

But as I crossed, just half-way through,
God said, "There's something you must do.
When you have reached the other side,
Place this huge rock where you'll abide."

"Let it forever remind you
Of what my pow'r through faith can do.
Though floods will come, you need not fear,
Your path ahead I will make clear."


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com