LORD, I GIVE THANKS (Thanksgiving Poem)

Lord, I give thanks for Your mercy and grace,
Strength to encounter each trial that I face,
Pow'r over temptation's searing hot rays,
Christ to walk with me through all of my days.

Lord, I give thanks for salvation that's free,
Offered and paid for by Christ's death for me,
Your rain of forgiveness cleansing from sin,
Joy overflowing my heart deep within.

Lord, I give thanks for each answer to prayer,
For peace in the storm that always is there,
Promise of blessings to yet be fulfilled,
Your love o'erflowing and power instilled.

Lord, I give thanks for all these and much more;
Accept my thanksgiving, Lord, I implore.
Receive these, my gifts, though humble they be,
As my praise off'ring uplifted to Thee.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com