RESTING IN THE HANDS OF GOD

Held tightly in the mighty hands
Of the Sovereign Lord above,
Nothing can touch except it be
Filtered through fingers of love.

Whate'er I face 'tis by God's grace
And will work out for my good;
For trials that come to threaten me
Are so oft misunderstood.

My Sovereign God who's in control
Allows nothing to defeat,
But chooses trials that will strengthen me
And will make my life complete.

In faith my heart can trust the One
Whose sovereign plan is to bless,
For all must pass through loving hands
That protect me and caress.

With God's fingers wrapped around me,
I find comfort for my soul,
That nothing will ever harm me
While my God is in control.

This blessed truth much comfort brings
That I'm safe and so secure,
That whate'er storms may come my way
In God's hands I will endure.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com