MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL

On the way home from the shopping mall, they passed a church on their way,
Joseph and Mary were in a stall with Jesus asleep on the hay.
"Daddy, let's stop, for I want to see the baby Jesus right now."
So his father pulled in with a grin; he could not resist somehow.

As they knelt beside the manger bed, a small tear fell from Christ's eye.
So the son then looked to his father and asked, "Why does baby Jesus cry?"
"Son, you noticed at the mall nearby no mention of Jesus' name;
No carolers singing 'Joy to the World,' no good news that Jesus came.

"I'm sure He's sad because we've failed to even acknowledge His birth;
No one to sing, no tidings to bring of why Jesus came to this earth.
We have removed Christ's name from Christmas. How sad I know He must be;
So you and I must spread the good news. Yes, it's up to you and me."

Then at once the baby Jesus smiled as he heard the small boy say,
"I will spread the news both far and wide to all who I pass on the way."
They returned to the mall proclaiming, "Merry Christmas one and all.
Jesus our Savior was born for you in a lowly manger stall."

"Merry Christmas, back to you, my son," o'er the entire mall did ring;
And what started as a solo voice then created a choir to sing.
"Just think," the young boy said to his dad, "if everyone would say,
'Oh, I wish you a Merry Christmas' as they passed along their way.

"Our malls would echo with joyful sound; you'd hear Christ's name everywhere,
And the reason for the season, Dad, would then forever remain there.
We can't leave it to the shop owners. It is up to you and me,
For Christ to remain in Christmas, we must share Him with all we see.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com