GOD'S OASIS OF GRACE

Grief overwhelmed me like hot desert sand
Surrounding and scorching my soul;
I sought refuge from the heat of the day,
Cool water to soothe and console.

In the darkness of night God brought comfort,
Relief from sun's blistering rays,
Assuring of bright hope for tomorrow,
Cool waters to comfort my days.

In the morning with bright sun arising,
Reflection of God sparkled clear;
I knew then that He'd heard my heart's deep cry
Reminding of His presence near.

An oasis of grace He provided,
His peace in the desert for me,
A deep pool of life-giving water,
Mercy's sea of tranquility.

I plunged in and drank of His goodness,
Found comfort from His smiling face,
Reflecting in the midst of the desert
On His pool of amazing grace.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com