MUSTARD-SEED FAITH

She gently held the small mustard seed
In the palm of her frail hand,
So tiny that it appeared to her
Like a minute grain of sand.

She pondered the simple words of Christ
Who said if we just believed
Our mountains would crumble before us
With faith of a mustard seed.

She thought, "This seed is so very small,
And my mountain is so grand;
But, Lord, I know this mountain will fall
As I place it in Your hand."

"Though my faith is like this mustard seed,
I am trusting in Your word
And believing for a miracle,
For I know my prayer is heard."

The earth where she knelt began to shake
And she heard a crashing sound,
For her mountain that loomed before her
Quickly tumbled to the ground.

Then her tears of joy fell to the sod
As she bowed on bended knee,
And her tiny seed took root below
And grew to become a tree.

Many marveled at the woman's faith,
But so quickly she would tell
How with her mustard-seed faith God moved
And her mighty mountain fell.

She said, "While your faith may seem so small,
Like that of a mustard seed,
You'll watch your mountains crumble and fall
As God moves to intercede."


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com