A PLACE TO REST

Alone above a des’late land
The dove soared in the sky,
While seeking for a place to rest
From where she flew so high.

She restlessly flew o’er the land
There searching far and near.
Discouraged, she said to herself,
“I’ll never find rest here.

The world below can’t satisfy
Nor give me peace and rest,
So I’ll return home to the ark
Where I was truly blessed.”

As she neared home, in her clear view,
With vigilant, watchful eye,
Noah stood awaiting there
And she heard his joyful cry.

“Welcome home! I’ve been here watching;
I’ve not forgotten you.”
With outstretched arm he offered there
His hand for her rescue.

We may be like this lonely dove
Where in the world we find
No place of comfort to bring rest
Or give us peace of mind.

Yet there is One who stands watching,
Awaiting patiently,
Extending loving hands to us,
Lord Jesus, it is He!

He offers us a place to stand
Where hope and peace abound.
When we return, He’ll set our feet
To rest on Holy Ground.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com