THE LORD IS MY ROCK AND MY REFUGE

The man worked hard all week long; he yearned to get away,
So he planned a mountain hike the distance of a day.

As he started up the mountain, skies turned black as night.
Dark clouds began to rumble; he shivered there in fright.

He then remembered these words he'd learned in Sunday school,
Where he'd hid them in his heart, for they were powerful.

"The Lord's my Rock, my Refuge,
My shelter from the storm
As long as I will trust Him,
He'll keep me safe from harm."

He turned his eyes Heavenward and said these words out loud
He heard the voice of God speak within the thundercloud.

"I am your Rock, your Refuge,
Your shelter from the storm.
As you place your trust in Me,
I'll keep you safe from harm."

God placed him in the crevice hewed on the mountainside,
Cov'ring with His mighty hand so he could safely hide.

Words of life learned as a child in Sunday school that day
Engraved fore'er on his heart a prayer he'd learned to say.

"You are my Rock, my Refuge,
My shelter from the storm
Forever I will trust you
To keep me safe from harm."


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com