I SURRENDER TO YOUR WILL

I surrender to your will, Oh Lord, whatever lies ahead,
For you've cleared the path before me, and the waay I need not dread.
Though the dark of night enclose me, you will guide each step I take;
By your presence you'll precede me guarding every move I make.

Though my way leads through the wilderness where beasts and serpents live,
If that is the path you choose for me, I know I'm positive--
That your angels will protect me and will guard me from harm's way;
I shall tread upon the serpent--send him scurrying away.

You are a skillful silversmith and with fire you will refine,
Removing dross at any cost so your light in us will shine.
Though the cleansing may be painful, I surrender to your will,
And present a holy vessel for your Spirit to infill.


Copyrighted by Linda J. Stevenson.
For permission to use, please contact: Ljstevenson1@juno.com

FAMILY MUSIC RESOURCES: www.MaryRiceHopkins.com